Curbside voting:

If you are a voter with a disability, you may request curbsidevoting. In this process, a bipartisan team of election judges will bring a ballot out to your car. It is best to call ahead to your election authority to let them know you would like to vote in this manner.

Re-assignment of polling place:

If you are a person with a disability, you have the right to call your local election authority to request assignment to an accessible polling place. The election authority is required by law to have at least one accessible poll in their jurisdiction, and they must assign you to it, upon your request. Your ballot will count even if the accessible site is out of your precinct.

Permanently Disabled Absentee Voter Lists (PDAVL):

Every election authority in Missouri is required by law to implement a PDAVL. If you are a person with a disability, you can request an application to be on this list. Once you are placed onto this list, an absentee ballot request is automatically sent to your home before every election. Once the request is returned, you will be sent a ballot. Upon marking your ballot, you are not required to have a notary stamp in order to have it counted, and you must have when voting absentee otherwise. To find out more, or request an application, call your local County Clerk's office or contact us at TILC.

What to know on election day:

Every voter must have identification that has your name and address printed on the document-such as a driver's license, state ID, voter ID card, utility bill, government paycheck, university ID, or bank statement.

If you have any questions regarding any of this information, feel free to call The Independent Living Center at 417-659-8086 or 1-833-346-8951

For more information on voting, check out Project Vote Smart.